Sunday, September 09, 2007

The dynamic of a gift


I have been thinking a lot about gifts lately, and the whole range of gifts that people possess. I wonder what is your gift(s) and if you know what they are how did you know that.

It has taken me many years to really begin to know who I am and therefore know the gifts that I possess. Some people have concluded that gifts are simply the things they do well and excel at, that I think is a reasonable conclusion to reach.

For me I believe the gifts I have were given to me by divine impartation, and that for me it was Christ who gave them for the building of His Kingdom here on good ole earth.

So how would we feel if we gave someone a gift and they went and buried it in a field, or hid it under the bed. Would we not be offended? So I ask then, what use is a gift if the receiver never takes the bright paper off it and plays/uses/explores that gift.

Sometimes other people can make you hide your gift, or they can tell you that your gift is rubbish, this comes from a jealous and fearful heart. For those people life is turmoil, yesterday is full of regrets, today is full of anger, and tomorrow is a grey day on the impending horizon.


So, are the gifts you possess being used? I know for me that the gifts I have only reach partial expression in the spiritual life I live. So I need to do something about it, as old red says in Shawshank Redemption, either get busy livin', or get busy dyin'.


No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter