Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Potential and Imminent Accident














I was speaking to somenone the other day about a really dangerous sport they did...I asked if they thought their life was at risk doing it, to which they replied "No, you see I could get knocked down by a bus tomorrow".

This was a truth I had failed to take into account, and then it made me think, just how potentially dangerous is a bus accident? After some study it now appears that the chance of death from collison with a bus is very real.

One person was asked "are you not worried smoking could kill you", they replied "could get knocked down by a bus tomorrow" another was asked "are you not having a malaria jab" they answered "could get knocked down by a bus tomorrow" and yet another "are you not worried about all the junk you eat" why "I could get knocked down by a bus tomorrow"

So although the actual death rate from collison with public transport is low, it is potentially more life threatening than cancer, heart disease, dangerous sport and tropical disease.


Buses - The Silent (and late running) Killer

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter