Monday, April 16, 2007

The Deconstruction of Dave

That's me by the way, and over the last three years I have been having my religious thinking deconstructed, so today I wanted to declare that I do not believe in a literal burning hell anymore.

Put it this way...if I saw my child trapped in a building that was on fire, then I would risk my own life to save them. How much more should I then (if I believe in the burning place) try to save others from the flames...I don't, therefore I cannot believe it because my actions do not prove my belief.

Does not really matter I guess, but that's that, there are a few more things I do not believe anymore, but that's for later, there are many better things I do believe now, maybe I will include them.

If you do believe in it...how do you sit and watch TV at night knowing the horror that awaits your neighbours...is that love?

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter