Monday, September 11, 2006

The Tower has Fallen

Well here I am perplexed, the image of that falling tower has not left my thoughts today, the horror, the sadness, the inexplicable reasons for it. Why had it happened, who was ultimately behind its collapse, and the real question that everybody wanted to know...'who really was to blame'.

Deep down that's what I wanted to know, who is to blame for all the suffering, all the disaster, I hope its not me. Please God can I be excused from any sense of culpability? Cannot we not create a bogeyman to blame it on. What if we work it out that it was nothing to do with us, what if we can blame it on a dodgy political leader and a shadowy group, take the blame away from us.
What if we could blame the disaster on this nation in which it happened, or on the people in the tower, what if we can say, 'well they deserved it'. That will do, that will set me free from any responsibility will it not, I will be free to carry on regardless.

So after thinking I decided to go and ask my questions, to look for answers to my thoughts, so I went immediately to this Jewish rabbi bloke, I would pitch in first with the corrupt leader thing, mix in the weird radical extremist group theory, if that didn't work then blame it on the people who died when the tower fell,
I told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices, this is what he said in reply...


"Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish."


Matthias Akbar
Construction Manager
Tower of Siloam A.D 32

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter