Saturday, July 08, 2006

Revival

Everyone keeps talking about imminent revival, spreading from the North, so it seems that I am the only one who is dull of hearing, for this is what I hear...oh foolish man that I am.

"Give careful thought to your ways. You have planted much, but have harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it.""Give careful thought to your ways. Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build the house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored," says the LORD. "You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. Why?" declares the LORD Almighty. "Because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with his own house. Therefore, because of you the heavens have withheld their dew and the earth its crops. I called for a drought on the fields and the mountains, on the grain, the new wine, the oil and whatever the ground produces, on men and cattle, and on the labor of your hands."

5 comments:

Nuno Barreto said...

Weird, I've been earing the same things. Anyway, those revival prophecies are around for hundreds of years. The only thing that changes is the direction from where it comes...

Dave said...

Nice angle, never thought of it like that, I am sure Portugal has similar ones

christian lies said...

Set me straight - Men are just interested in their own stuff and leave God alone so God is dumping global warming and AIDS etc on men.

Is that correct?

Dave said...

CL
Not sure how straight I can set you, I'm not that straight myself (not in a gay way I mean).
This passage is talking to the those who were part of the community of God's people, Israel and now the church. God is saying that they are more interested in building and lining their own nests and have forgotten to do the things that they should have been doing, things like justice and right living towards neighbours.

I do not think God dumps Global warming and AIDs on man, those are things which man has allowed to happen and only now is shutting the stable door. If you have evidence to the contrary then please share that...but not rantings from Christian/Satanist/homophobic nutters who believe AIDs is a curse from God on homosexual practice

As I say this post is not relevant to those who don't claim to be part of His Kingdom, my point was that instead of looking for great and mighty moves of God into which we can self promote ourselves, we should be about the everyday Kingdom life.

christian lies said...

That helps set me straight. Cheers.

Interesting Rendition of Christ over at:
http://civillibertarian.blogspot.com/

I read Thomas Paine recently.

 

Free Blog Counter