Saturday, July 15, 2006

Lebanon, Israel and Ireland

None of the above have anything in common so to speak, but one thing has become clear...it is getting increasingly (was it ever different though) difficult to find out the truth...man even Pontius Pilate asked "What is truth?" Pilates voice echoes through the ages, and yet no one seems to have an answer.

I was watching the BBC morning news giving the Israeli Deputy Ambassador a severe hard time yesterday regarding his nations repeated bombing of Lebanon. He said to the Israeli DA "Your tanks have killed innocent children", to which the DA replied, "We suffer those losses ourselves". Then the interviewer said, " Oh yes, and how many children have died on your side?".

I ask does it matter how many? Yet the BBC in all its self righteous glory still showed images of bombs dropping on Beirut...I ask who is innocent of the blood of others - Israel or Lebanon? Neither.

Then I was emailed last week with a whole massive amount of info on the 'truth' that the Ark of the Covenant is buried under a hill in Ireland, and that I need to recognise this truth and others so that I can escape the coming Nostradamus predicted apocalypse now. I have the link but cannot be bothered putting it up.

My point in all this is that there are stories upon stories, information has gone out of control, how do we work out what is true, what is truth.

When Jesus was on earth, Emperor Tiberius was in power. The Roman Empire was doing some pretty invasive stuff in Germany, it was riddled with corruption and was not a whole lot different to the ruling powers in our day. There were regional and national wars happening globally and all manner of strange religious groups were on the scene. Pilate was right, even in his day truth was a rare commodity.

So what did Jesus have to say on all these issues, what did he say about all these corrupt national leaders...

"My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."

Not sure what point I am trying to make here...maybe I just want to say that in the Middle East conflict I cannot remember who cast the first stone.

Or maybe I just want to say with regard to all the zillion conspiracy truths and theories, Im tired, no really, it may be exciting but it just makes truth even harder to find...and I for one am all searched out, but unlike Bono, I have found what I'm looking for.

3 comments:

christian lies said...

It is FACT that jews own most of the Western media. So the fact is we read what they want.
We read that Saddam had WMD while istral does not mention its Nuklear weapons and its subs with nuklear bombs.

See a christian at:
http://www.culbokie.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=20&pos=7

He is speaking truth.

URL again.
http://www.culbokie.net/gallery/
displayimage.php?album=20&pos=7

David Shedden said...

Dave, thanks for posting at I to the Hills. I was well impressed by some of the landscape photos on your blogs - perhaps I should look to minister or pastor outside the big city, :-) L8r, Dave

Dave said...

CL, you do not know that is the FACT, after watching BBC and reading some reports I noticed an anti jewish bias. We do not read what they want, we read what we want.
Lots of anti american anti jewish protestors go and watch al-jazeera, not because they want truth, but becuase they want to have their own beliefs affirmed.

Who is it that is speaking truth?

 

Free Blog Counter