Monday, July 03, 2006

Clergy and Laity manual

So there I am, searching the web all night for a manual on true biblical pastoral leadership, alas I struggled, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Borders, even Ebay...and then I found it. Leadership for Dummies, this should be subtitled 'the 1 step guide to 100% purpose driven succesful leadership for all Pastors, Elders, Deacons, Bishops and all people who have contact with human beings.

Now here is a disclaimer and a promise; 'Reading this secret 1 step guide is guaranteed to revolutionise your churches, homes, workplace and all relationships, yet I (the blogger) cannot accept responsibility for the consequences of non compliance to the program. All consequential action for non compliance is solely the responsibility of the reader and the author.'

If you don't want it then don't read on...if you do then page down




















Jesus said...'Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you'.

6 comments:

christian lies said...

I have just returned from a hard day. Removed my socks which are standing in the corner. My partner refuses to wash my feet.

I am ready to have my feet washed.

[my partner has said she tickle my feet if washed]

Shieldsy said...

Servant hearts ... definitely essential, but not the whole picture by a long long way.

We had a 'foot washer' of a 'leader' at a church I worked for several years. He'd do anything for anyone A great servant heart, but also the worst, most cowardly, most ineffectual leader I have ever had the displeasure of working for without a shadow of a doubt.

That's the problem with distilling things down to just 1 verse.

The other 1 step guide to leadership that everyone always quotes is "All you need is love". We need love certainly, but that's not all you need. We need servant hearts, but that's not all we need.

christian lies said...

Leaders need sheep.

Shieldsy said...

Do you know what CL, I agree with you!

As someone once said, if you think you're leading but no-one is following you're just taking a walk!

Anonymous said...

Jesus distilled it to one verse, but he was the example of that verse, that sought of cuts out your past leader shieldsy, if you have love but do not serve then it is not love, it is hypocrisy, all Jesus needed was love.

Shieldsy said...

Not sure I understood most of that Anon. Please expand and use some full stops instead of commas so I can tell where the end of the sentances are!!

 

Free Blog Counter