Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Man of lawlessness











Who is the man of lawlessness, not him, thats just a fat frog.


It is just with all this temple talk going on I wanted to study it a bit further. So I read with mixed emotions this verse...


Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

So if God does not now dwell in Temples built by mens hands, just where is he going to set himself up. Well the logical reading of this seems to point to him exalting himself within the 'church'. How will he do this?

Oh, I do hope you don't expect an answer from me, I am still thinkin on it, but I hope he is the fat frog, I will never be duped into bowing down and worshipping a 2 kilo toad, well not unless he does free doughnuts after the service.


Seriously though, how will these things come to pass?

5 comments:

christian lies said...

QUOTE: "Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God."

I see Bu$h [inc. Bliar] or the Pope in that very position today.

Hope you dont mind me posting Dave but I see so many outrageous comments posted on your Blog.

Last night I gave a Reading at a gathering of "seekers after Truth"

The reading was from The Prophet by Kalhil Gibran.

http://www.columbia.edu/
~gm84/gibran26.html

On Religion.

(It was recieved to thunderous applause.)

I had wanted to read from
http://www.arthur-findlay.com/

"The Curse of Ignorance"
Paperback, 2 volumes:
Volume 1: ISBN 0 947823 33 6
Volume 2: ISBN 0 947823 34 4

Shannon Byous said...

Could be someone like a televangelist saying that we have the power to do what we want and bring about what we desire by positive thinking and giving money to them. Could be a politician saying that we have to power to change things and do things the way we want. Could be some hollywood person saying that we all answer to ourselves so do what you know is true for yourself. Could be something totally, totally different (and I suspect it will be totally different, but with a similar sort of flavor). But we are God's temples, so it makes sense that we are where the deceit will begin. When we choose to believe another over Christ.

I'm just rambling, so it may come off as total crap when I reread this, but oh well.

Dave said...

CL, it is not Bush/Blair or the Pope and I do not mind you posting. the problem with the verse above is that it was written to warn the people of God in Thessalonica, so it really does not apply to you and it is a passage from a book that you hate.
I never receive thunderous applause from my speaking, you must be very pleased with your presentation, do you ever speak from what you wrote or is it always readings of other people.

The comments that seem outrageous must also include yours, I cannot understand why it bothers you? There are many websites/blogs that I find boring/stupid/weird/outrageous...I just do not visit them, I do not know what you are looking for on this blog?

dinsy said...

TESCO

Meg said...

Holy last days, Batman! Put a wig and a five o'clock shadow on that frog and he'd look a tad familiar... Man of lawlessness, indeed.

Too, too eerie was the reference to the possibility of free doughnuts after the service...

(Tongue firmly in cheek.)

 

Free Blog Counter