Monday, April 17, 2006

Bobby Hebb, Mr Love,Love,Love

Was listening to Bobby Hebb and other Northern Soul giants on the way to a homegroup tonight, just as I got to Muir of Ord Bobby sang these words





Love is the power baby, thats making me surrender....alternate listening here....PLAY

It burst my head when I realised more fully that it is 'love' that causes us to surrender, not fear, not law, not sacrifice, not any of those kinda things....just LOVE, and for that matter, the Love of God.

So there!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bobby Hebb: great! I'm living just about 20 miles from where Motown got its start in DEE-troit AME gospel churches...

Thanks for this reference; God bless you!

Dave said...

I know envy aint a good thing to have, but I am!! Would love to visit Detroit and Chicago, so much good music came out of there in the 60's and 70's

Thanks for your comment...Keep the Faith!

Anonymous said...

You'd love it (Detroit, that is; we have a bit of a rivalry - ;>) -with Chicago, but that's also a great place). The Motown Museum is the original house on W. Grand Blvd. in Detroit, preserved just as it was in 1965. The Supremes, Smokey Robinson, the Temptations, etc. used to "envelope" their own singles at the kitchen table & that looks as though they just took a brief break... The original "sound studio" - the house's garage - where Berry Gordy used to audition and record the acts is preserved, too. My family and I toured it about a year ago and it was a treat to see.

You come here, Dave; we'll host you! (This is Meg...!)

 

Free Blog Counter